Dry fruit ladoos are a very nutritious snack. They are also popularly known as Sukha Mewa Laddu. I have prepared these dry fruit ladoos using dry fruits. without using any sugar or sweetner. Especially for people who are fasting these ladoos can be an energy booster during fasting.
Because these ladoos are made in ghee with ingredients such as Almonds, Cashewnuts, Dates, Raisins, etc. they are full of nutrients such as proteins, essential fatty acids, anti-oxidants, minerals dietary fibre, etc.
Furthermore, Dry Fruit Ladoos can also be prepared during Diwali or to celebrate any other occasion. You can check out our other healthy fasting recipes like Sabudana Khichdi, Aloo Jeera Subzi, Rajgira Paratha, Rajgira Halwa and Shakarkandi ki Kheer (sweet potato kheer).
- 1 cup dates (1 cup = 200ml)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup figs
- ⅓ cup almonds
- ⅓ cup pistachios
- ⅓ cup cashewnuts
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ⅓ tsp cardamom powder
Steps to prepare dry fruit ladoos:
- Firstly, deseed the dates and break them into halves
- Roughly chop the other dried fruits and nuts except raisins.
- In a pan, heat ghee and saute all the dried fruits and nuts for 3-4 minutes on a low flame.
- Now, add cardamom powder and mix.
- Remove the dried fruits and nuts in a separate plate and let them cool down a bit.
- Coursely grind the mixture in parts so that the crunchiness of nuts is maintained. Another option (a bit time consuming) is to chop the nuts by hand and separately grind dates, raisins and figs in a mixer. Then saute all of them together in ghee and mixing them well.
- Finally, roll the ladoos and you’re done.
WATCH DRY FRUIT LADOOS RECIPE VIDEO:
I hope you liked this super easy recipe. Do try it and share your feedback in the comments section. Also SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel for more recipes.