Nimbu Pani or Shikanji is a natural and healthy Indian summer coolant just like Aam Panna/Kairiche Panhe. It hydrates and rejuvenates the body and gives relief from the scorching summer heat. I am using water from earthen pot to prepare this Nimbu Pani because earthen pots are natural Indian water coolers. The water from such pots is not only better for health than refrigerated water and ice but also tasty.
- 1 lime
- 2 mint leaves (optional)
- 4 tsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black salt
- 2 glasses water from earthen pot
How to prepare Nimbu Pani / Shikanji:
- Slice lime and deseed.
- Take water in a vessel.
- Squeeze lime juice from both the halves.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Now add salt and black salt.
- Make small pieces of the mint leaves and add them to the mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour in and out of the glass and the vessel so that the ingredients will mix very well.
Nimbu Pani/ Shikanji is ready! 🙂 Prepare just before serving if using earthen pot water so that it will be cool.
Hope you liked this recipe. Do share your thoughts and feedback in comments section. SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel for more recipes.