Learn how to make this mango pickle recipe which can be prepared within minutes. Summer brings with it the goodness of Mangoes. There are several raw mango recipes as well as ripe mango recipes prepared in India to enjoy the summer season in it’s true sense. There are a lot of health benefits of raw mango like protection from heat stroke, better digestion and better immunity to name a few. But anything in excess is not good so eat them in moderation.
Here is a tip to get rid of the heat of mangoes: Submerge the mangoes in room temperature water for at least 30 minutes before eating them. This will help avoid pimples and other heat related health issues after eating them 🙂
- Raw mango/ Kairi – 1 nos.
- Jaggery/ Gud – 1/4 cup
- Chilli Powder/ Lal Mirch Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil/ Tel – 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds/ Rai – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder/ Haldi – 1 pinch
- Asafoetida/ Hing – 1 pinch
- Salt/ Namak – 1/2 tsp or as per taste.
Instructions for Instant Mango Pickle Recipe, Kairi Achar :
- Wash the raw mango and cut the upper part around the stem (around 1 inch in diameter).
- Peel it from all the sides.
- Slice the raw mango from all the sides and leave the seed aside.
- Cut the slices into small cubes and keep aside.
- Add jaggery into the chopped raw mango.
- Now add the chilli powder on top of the raw mango and jaggery mixture. Don’t mix it yet.
- For tempering, heat oil in a tadka pan
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add turmeric and asafoetida to the oil and immediately switch off the gas flame. Immediately pour this tempering on the red chilli powder (which we had added to raw mango and jaggery mixture) and mix well.
- Add salt just before serving because the achar will start to leave water once the salt is added. Mix well once you add the salt.
The Mango Pickle / Kairi Achar is ready. It goes very well with chapatis and phulkas. Hope you liked this mango pickle recipe 🙂
Hope you cook and enjoy this dish. Do share your thoughts and feedback in comments section. SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel for more recipes.
Watch video – Mango Pickle Recipe, Aam ka Achar recipe in Hindi – Instant Achar