Mango Lassi/ Aam ki Lassi
Lassi is a cooling and refreshing drink that is prepared in the Indian subcontinent especially in Punjab during summers. Lassi can be sweet or salty. This Aam ki Lassi/ Mango Lassi is a perfect drink for enjoying the mangoes during summer. Other summer special recipes that you can enjoy during this hot season are Nimbu Pani, Aam Panna and instant Mango Pickle.
Tip: Soak the mangoes in room temperature water for at least 30 minutes before eating them in order to avoid heat related issues like pimples, heat boils etc. after eating them.
- 1 medium to large ripe Alphonso Mango
- 1 cup of curd/ yogurt (make sure it's not sour)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4-5 ice cubes
Steps to prepare Mango Lassi:
- Cut the part of the mango in one inch diameter near the stem.
- Slice the mango from all sides and scoop out the pulp.
- Chop the mango pulp into cubes.
- In a blending jar put mango pulp, curd/ yogurt, sugar and ice cubes and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Taste and add more sugar if required. The quantity of sugar will vary as per your taste and the sweetness of the mangoes used.
- Serve chilled.
Do share your thoughts and feedback in comments section. SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel for more recipes.
Watch video – Mango Lassi