Sweet Lassi or Meethi Lassi as it is known in Hindi is one of the favourite Indian beverages especially during the hot summer season. It is easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious. Sweet Lassi is made of 3 main ingredients : Yogurt/ Curd, Ice or Cold Water and Sugar.
Do you know that Lassi is not always made sweet? There is also a salty version but I love Sweet Lassi. If you are looking for other summer beverages check out Nimbu Pani/ Shikanji, Aam Panna, Masala Chaas and Mango Lassi.
Lassi is a coolant as well as a digestive. It pacifies the three doshas i.e. Vata, Pitta and Kapha, reduces the acidity in the stomach and colonises the gut with healthy bacteria. It is also rich in calcium, protein, carbohydrates, vitamin A, B and riboflavin. Do try it out this summer if you haven’t tried already.
- 2 cups of chilled Curd/Dahi
- ½ cup of Water
- 4-5 tbsp Sugar
- 8-10 ice cubes
- 8-10 drops of rose essence / 2 tsp rose water (optional)
- Rose petals for garnishing (optional)
Step by Step instructions to prepare Sweet Lassi :
- Whisk chilled curd in a bowl. Note: Avoid blending it in a mixer to maintain the grainy texture of Yogurt. When we prepare the Lassi in a blender, it will have consistency like a milkshake.
- Add water, ice cubes, sugar and whisk again. Note: If you do not want to use ice cubes, you may use 1.5 to 2 cups cool water from the earthen pot.
- Lastly add rose essence or rose water and mix well. This is optional and you may use saffron (kesar) instead of rose essence.
- Garnish with dried/ fresh rose petals or saffron and serve. Note: If you are using fresh rose petals, clean them before using for garnishing. As for the dried rose petals, buy them from a good grocery store.
I hope you liked this Sweet Lassi recipe. Do share it with family and friends. Also let us know your thoughts on the recipe in the comments section below.
WATCH SWEET LASSI RECIPE VIDEO HERE:
Do SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel Happily Veg for more recipe videos.