Churma Ladoo Recipe
Churma Ladoo or Aata Ladoo is a delicacy prepared in the states of Rajasthan and Gujarat in India. It is prepared with wheat, ghee and jaggery as the main ingredients. My mom prepares these ladoos during Ganpati festival and I always look forward to savouring them! I just love them! If you are looking for other Ganesh Chaturthi recipes check out Fried Modak and Steamed Wheat Modak.
These ladoos are not just yummy but also very nutritious. They are rich in Carbohydrates, Fibre, Iron and essential fats to name a few. So this time when I went to my mom’s home, I requested her record a video with me for Churma Ladoo recipe. You can check out the video here:
It was real fun to record this Churma Ladoo recipe with her 🙂
For ingredients and detailed recipe, read below:
- 3 cups coarsely ground wheat flour
- 1 cup full fat milk
- 1 cup jaggery
- 3-4 cups ghee (for frying the muthias and for adding to the ladoos)
- 7-8 sliced almonds
- 10-12 cashew nuts broken into pieces
- Powder of 4-5 cardamom
- 1- 2 tsp water (for melting the jaggery)
- 3 tsp oil
- A pinch of salt
- 2-3 tsp of poppy seeds/ khus khus for garnishing
Steps to prepare Churma Ladoo:
1. Add 3 teaspoons of oil and a pinch of salt to the coursely ground wheat flour and mix well.
2. Add milk in parts and knead to form hard dough balls (muthias). Press your fingers into the muthias to enable proper frying.
3. Heat 3-4 cups of ghee in a kadhai to deep fry the muthias. You may use groundnut oil to fry them if you don’t want to use ghee.
4. Once the ghee/ oil is hot, drop 2-3 muthias into it and fry till golden brown. Keep the gas flame on medium so that the muthias will get fried well. Similarly fry all the muthias.
5. Let the muthias cool down.
6. Break them into small pieces.
7. Grind the pieces of muthias in the mixer to a course consistency.
9. Melt jaggery in a vessel by adding 1-2 tsp of water into it. Stir continuously till it melts completely.
10. Strain the molten jaggery to remove the dirt particles, if there are any and add it to the coursely ground muthias. Mix well.
11. Add chopped almonds and cashewnuts and cardamom powder. Mix well.
12. Add 1/2 a cup ghee to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
13. Now start rolling the ladoos by keeping their base flat. You can add half a cashewnut on top of each while rolling for garnishing.
14. Apply some poppy seeds/ khus khus on the top and roll a little. Khus khus adds to the taste and beauty of these ladoos.
Churma Ladoos are ready 🙂 If you loved this recipe, do share it with your family and friends. Let us know your feedback in the comments section and also SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel for more recipes.
If you are looking for more sweets recipes check out Besan Ladoo, Shakkarpara, Nariyal Vadi, Puran Poli, Rajgira Halwa, Sweet Potato Kheer, Modak, Sheer Khurma, no bake eggless Christmas fruit cake and no bake eggless Christmas pudding.