Besan Ladoo Recipe
Besan Ladoo is a very popular Indian sweet which is prepared on various occasions and especially during the festival of Diwali. It’s one of my favourite sweets.
Along with being so delicious besan ladoos are also very nutritious. Besan or gram flour is a rich source of protein, carbohydrates and dietary fibre. It also contains minerals such as Calcium, Iron, Zinc and Magnesium, to name a few.
Ghee provides the essential fats while sugar provides the Carbohydrates. The dry fruits further add to the nutrition content of these ladoos. Absolutely mouthwatering!
Besan ladoos provide our bodies with the much needed warmth during winters. I guess that is the reason why these ladoos are traditionally prepared during Diwali. A few other popular diwali recipes other than Besan ladoo are Shankarpali / Shakarpara, Poha chivda, Mathri, Nariyal Vadi, Churma Ladoo, Gujiya and Chakli.
Besan Ladoos are easy to make and can be stored for a few weeks in airtight containers.
- Dry roast the besan in a pan on a medium flame till it changes colour to golden brown and starts giving out a nutty aroma. It will approximately take 7-8 minutes.
- Add ghee and sauté for a 2-3 more minutes.
- Put off the gas flame.
- Add powdered sugar, nuts and dried fruits and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool down to the room temperature.
- Roll ladoos and enjoy eating them with loved ones 🙂
Diwali is a time to celebrate together, so prepare diwali sweets at home with you family. There is more fun when you roll ladoos together rather than buying them from market.
Do try out this besan ladoo recipe and share your feedback as it motivates me to share more recipes with you 🙂
SUBSCRIBE to Happily Veg on YouTube 🙂