Eggless Christmas Pudding Recipe
Pudding is one of the most popular delicacies prepared for Christmas. Many times vegetarians have a difficulty finding eggless recipes to prepare during Christmas. This eggless Christmas Pudding recipe and Eggless Fruit Cake recipe by Happily Veg can be easily prepared and make for a delicious Christmas feast. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!
The best part about this Eggless Christmas Pudding is that it doesn’t require any baking or steaming. It’s rich in numerous vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre.
- Dates (Khajoor) - 1 cup chopped
- Dry Golden Apricots (Khubani) - ¾ cup chopped
- Almond (Badam) - ½ cup coarsely ground
- Orange Zest - 1 tsp
- Ginger powder (sonth powder) - 1 pinch
- Nutmeg powder (jaayphal) - 1 pinch
- Cinnamon powder (dal chini) - ½ tsp
- Butter (unsalted) as required
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- Orange juice - 1 tbsp
- White chocolate chips - for garnishing
Steps to prepare:
- Put all the ingredients except butter, Orange juice and chocolate chips into a mixer grinder. It is advisable to grind them in parts to avoid putting a lot of pressure on the mixer grinder.
- Grind till they appear like fine crumbs.
- Take out the mixture in a bowl.
- Add orange juice and mix well.
- Put an aluminium foil in the pudding mould so that the pudding doesn’t stick to the mould.
- Grease the aluminium foil with butter to avoid the mixture from sticking to the aluminium foil . Vegans can use oil/ vegan margarine instead of butter.
- Put the mixture into the pudding mould and press applying equal pressure throughout the surface to level it.
- Invert the pudding into a plate.
- Garnish the pudding with white chocolate chips. You can also use strawberries, glazed red cherries or tutti frutti for garnishing.
You can store this pudding in a refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. I hope you liked this recipe. Do try it and share your feedback in the comments section.