Vrat Wale Aloo ki Sabzi | Vrat Aloo Tamatar ki Sabzi
This is a very easy and yummy fasting recipe. Vrat wale aloo ki sabzi is usually served with Rajgira Paratha, Kuttu ki Puri, Kuttu ki Roti or Rajgira Puri.
If you are looking for some more fasting recipes do check out Rajgira Halwa, Shakarkandi ki Kheer, Sabudana Khichadi, Dahi Sabudana, Aloo Jeera for Vrat and Dry Fruit Ladoo. Since the fasting rules for different communities are different, please feel free to modify these recipes to suit your requirements.
- 3 medium sized potatoes/ Aloo
- 3 medium sized tomatoes/ tamatar
- 2 tsp rock salt/ sendha namak or as required
- 2 tbsp oil/ tel
- ½ tsp carom seeds/ ajwain or cumin seeds/ jeera
- 2 finely chopped green chillies/ hari mirch
- ½ tsp cumin powder/ jeera powder (optional)
- ½ tsp coriander powder/ dhaniya powder (optional)
- 2 cups of water/ paani
- Chopped coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta for garnishing (optional)
How to prepare Vrat wale Aloo ki Sabzi?
- In a pressure cooker, add 1 tsp rock salt to the water and pressure cook potatoes for 7-8 minutes. Tip: Adding rock salt to the water gives a nice taste to the potatoes.
- Once the cooker cools down, peel and crumble the potatoes with hands. Do not mash them.
- On a low gas flame, heat oil for tempering (tadka).
- Add carom seeds and let them splutter. Tip: You may use cumin seeds (jeera) instead of carom seeds.
- Add finely chopped green chillies and sauté for 15-20 seconds.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and sauté till the mixture starts releasing oil from the sides. You may now kepe the gas flame on medium. Keep stirring the tomatoes at regular intervals.
- Once the mixture starts releasing oil, add cumin powder and coriander powder and sauté for 5-7 seconds.
- Immediately add the crumbled potatoes and mix well into the tempering.
- Add water and rock salt and mix everything well.
- Once the sabzi comes to a boil, cook it on a low flame for 10-12 more minutes. Stir at regular intervals.
- Switch off the gas flame once the desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
If you liked this recipe, please share it with your family and friends.
WATCH VRAT WALE ALOO KI SABZI RECIPE VIDEO BELOW:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel Happily Veg for more recipe videos and click the Bell icon to receive notifications every time we post a new video.
Thank you for your time 🙂