Peanut Ladoo Recipe – Easy and Healthy Peanut Laddu
Peanut Ladoo or Mungfali ke Laddu, as they are called in Hindi, are a delicious snack prepared from roasted peanuts (groundnuts), jaggery and ghee as the main ingredients. These ladoos are extremely easy to prepare and healthy as they are loaded with nutrients like protein, fibre, essential fats, iron, potassium, magnesium etc. You should especially eat them during the winter as jaggery has a warming effect on the body.
If you are looking for other winter recipes check out:
bhogichi bhaji (mix vegetable sabji prepared a day before Makar Sankranti)
methi puri and
- 1 cup peanuts
- ½ cup jaggery or as required
- 3 tsp ghee (melted) or as required
- powder of 3-4 green cardamom
How to make peanut ladoo?
- Roast peanuts on low heat while stirring continuously. Note: Do not over roast otherwise the ladoos will taste slightly bitter.
- Once the peanuts are roasted, take them out in a plate and let them cool down a bit.
- Take off the skin of the peanuts once they have cooled down a bit as shown in the video.
- In a mixer grinder jar, add peanuts and jaggery and coarsely grind the peanuts. Note: I have used jaggery powder for this recipe but you may use grated or sliced jaggery.
- Now add the cardamom powder and ghee to the peanut-jaggery mixture and mix well. Note: If using sliced or grated jaggery the peanut-jaggery mixture will become sticky and you will need less ghee to bind the mixture together.
- Make the ladoos by gently pressing the mixture in between the fist and rolling it in between the palms.
These ladoos can be stored in airtight container for a couple of weeks and will last longer in the fridge.
WATCH PEANUT LADOO RECIPE VIDEO HERE:
Do share this recipe with family and friends if you liked it. Also SUBSCRIBE to Happily Veg on YouTube for more recipe videos and click the bell icon to receive notifications every time we upload a new video.
Thank you for your time 🙂