This Mix Veg Recipe is one of the easiest out there and the one with minimum masalas and lots of original flavours of veggies used. I have also made a video for Mix Veg Recipe in Hindi. You can find the link at the end of this post.
I have used seasonal vegetables in this Mix Veg recipe. As it was winter when I made this therefore I added vegetables such as Carrots, Green Peas, Brinjal along with other vegetables. Hence, this Mix Veg Subzi is very nutritious as it is full of vitamins and fiber.
Here I have added all vegetables together and cooked it without any water by keeping a lid and stirring frequently in between. As it gets cooked in its own steam and with less masalas, the flavour of various vegetables is retained and that is what makes this recipe so tasty.
- 1 Cup = 200 ml
- Potatoes = 2 (medium sized, peeled and chopped)
- Onion = 1 (small sized, chopped)
- Tomato = 1 (medium sized, chopped)
- Cauliflower = 1 cup of florets (kept in salt water for 5 min and then washed with clean water)
- Carrot = 1 (medium sized, peeled and chopped)
- Green Peas = ⅓rd cup
- Brinjal = 1 (medium sized) Cut it just before adding so it doesn't turn black.
- Green Chilles = 3 (slit)
- Coriander leaves = A few for garnishing
- FOR TADKA
- ⅓rd tsp mustard seeds
- ⅓rd tsp cumin seeds
- ⅓rd fenugreek seeds
- ⅓rd tsp turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
How to make Mix Veg Recipe:
- Heat oil on a low flame. I have used groundnut oil but you may use oil of your choice.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and let them crackle before adding cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Saute for 4-5 seconds. Add onions and saute till onions turn translucent
- Add turmeric, saute for a 2-3 seconds.
- Put in all the vegetables and mix well
- Keep stirring frequently or else the subzi may get burnt
- Add salt and keep stirring
- Make sure the gas flame is kept on low heat
- Once mixed well, keep a lid and let it cook. Keep stirring frequently.
- It takes around 15-20 mins for the subzi to get cooked well.
- Now mash the subzi lightly, switch off the gas flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
I got this recipe from my colleague Haresur. It takes time to cook this as it is cooked without adding water but as a result of it the flavour that comes after cooking vegetables in their own juice is heavenly.
Serve subzi hot with Chapatis, Phulkas or Plain Parathas. It goes with with Dal Rice too.
Hope you cook and enjoy this dish. Do share your thoughts and feedback in comments section. SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel for more recipes.
Watch Video for Mix Veg Recipe in Hindi