Lal Math Bhaji Recipe
Lal Saag/ Lal Math is known as Red Spinach in English. It is a very nutritious leafy vegetable but not as common as Spinach. This humble vegetable is a rich source of dietary fibre and excellent for digestion. It has high iron content so it helps improve the haemoglobin levels in the body and thus treat anaemia. Consuming Lal Saag is also good for hair health and for improving the eyesight.
The Protein content in Lal Math helps in reducing the insulin levels in the blood and releases hormones that help in proper control of hunger pangs. Thus it helps in weight management and weight loss. Apart from the above mentioned, there are many other benefits of this less consumed leafy vegetable. So make it a regular part of your meal and reap the benefits 🙂
This is a very easy lal math bhaji recipe which doesn’t even require chopping the leaves and is made with just 5 ingredients! For other subzi recipes check out Aloo Jeera recipe for Vrat, Aloo Gobi, Batata Bhaji, Mix Veg and Bhindi Fry.
- 1 bunch of Red Spinach/ Lal Bhaji/ Lal Math
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4-5 crushed garlic cloves
- A generous pinch of asafoetida
- ⅓rd tsp salt or as per taste
Steps to prepare Lal Math Bhaji:
- Pluck the Lal Math/Lal Saag leaves and slender stems and wash them thoroughly.
- In a kadhai, heat oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add crushed garlic and saute for 8-10 seconds till it turns light brown in colour.
- Next add asafoetida.
- After a couple of seconds, add washed Lal Saag/ Lal Math leaves. Saute and let the leaves shrink.
- Add salt once the leaves shrink. Mix well.
- Cover with a lid and let the subzi cook for 7-8 minutes. Keep stirring in between every couple of minutes.
WATCH LAL MATH BHAJI RECIPE/ LAL MATH KA SAAG VIDEO HERE:
I hope you liked this super easy recipe. Do share your thoughts in the comments section. For more recipes also subscribe to our YouTube Channel Happily Veg.