Eggless Pancakes Recipe
Being a vegetarian, I keep trying to make eggless versions of various foods that I love to eat. I have been making eggless pancakes for quite some time now. This recipe is an outcome of several trials. Also check out this eggless Christmas fruit cake without baking and eggless Christmas pudding without baking or cooking which I successfully made and enjoyed.
I would say this is a healthier version of traditional pancakes. Generally pancakes are made of all-purpose flour which is not very good for health but this recipe is made of whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour in equal proportions. This makes these pancakes fluffy as well as healthy. Add to it the goodness of milk and honey and you are in for a healthy treat. I love to give in to my craving for sweets with these pancakes once in a while.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour/ maida
- 1 cup full fat milk or whole milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4-5 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 tsp freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4-5 tsp honey
How to make Eggless Pancakes?
- In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, sugar, freshly ground cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Mix well. Tip: Using freshly ground cinnamon instead of store bought cinnamon powder will give a better taste to the pancakes.
- Add milk in parts and mix well to ensure that there are no lumps remaining. I have used a whisker to do away with the lumps.
- Add 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter and vanilla essence. Mix well. Tip: Though using vanilla essence is optional, it gives a nice taste to the pancakes.
- Keep the mixture aside for 5 minutes before making the pancakes.
- Season the cooking pan if required. I have used an iron tawa for making the pancakes in this video because it is good for health. If using an iron tawa, put half a tsp oil on it while heating it, spread across the surface of the tawa and wipe it off using a tissue or a kitchen towel.
- Once the tawa is hot, add a ladleful of the mixture on it and gently spread it. Do not spread it too much because pancakes are a bit thick (approx. 1 cm).
- Let the pancake cook at the base on medium heat till it gets brown spots.
- You will notice that its top has also started to look partly cooked. Add some butter on the top and flip over the pancake. Note: You may use oil or ghee (clarified butter) for cooking the pancakes instead of butter.
- Put some more butter on the edges of the pancake and gently press on the edges so that it gets cooked well even on the edges. Once the pancake is cooked well on the other side as well take it out in a plate.
- Add some honey on the pancake for better taste and nutrition.
- Make the other pancakes in a similar manner.
Serve hot or warm for a better taste.
I hope you liked this easy eggless pancakes recipe. Do share it with family and friends and let us know your feedback in the comments section.
WATCH EGGLESS PANCAKES RECIPE HERE:
For more recipe videos do SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel Happily Veg and click on the bell icon to get notifications every time we upload a new video.
Thank you for your time 🙂