Onion Tomato Sabzi Recipe, Pyaaz Tamatar ki Sabzi
Onion Tomato Sabzi or Pyaaz Tamatar ki Sabzi is my go to subzi when there are no vegetables at home. It is very easy to prepare and tastes delicious with chapatis, rotis or phulkas.
If you are looking for more easy and delicious subzi recipes do check out Aloo Gobi (Dry) recipe, Bhindi Fry recipe, Crispy Karela recipe, Besan Shimla Mirch ki Subzi, Mix Vegetable Subzi and Sev Tamatar ki Subzi.
- 2 medium sized onions/ pyaaz chopped
- 3 medium sized tomatoes/ tamatar chopped
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds/ rai
- ½ tsp cumin seeds/ jeera
- 7-8 curry leaves/ kadi patta
- 1 tsp red chilli powder/ lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder/ dhaniya powder
- ⅛ tsp turmeric powder/ haldi
- A generous pinch of asafoetida/ hing
- ¾ tsp sugar or as per taste
- ¾ tsp salt or as per taste
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- A few chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
How to prepare Onion Tomato Sabzi/ Pyaaz Tamatar ki Sabzi ?
- Heat oil in a kadhai/ pan.
- Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add curry leaves and sauté for 4-5 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté till it turns light brown in colour. Note: Cooking onions properly is very important so that they do not taste raw while eating the subzi.
- Once the onions are cooked well and light brown in colour add the chopped tomatoes. Note: We need to cook the tomatoes till they are mushy. This will take around 8-10 minutes. You may cover the subzi and cook for 4-5 minutes and then cook without the lid so that the water content in the subzi reduces.
- Add the salt and sugar to the tomatoes while they are getting cooked. Tip: You may also add some roasted ground peanuts to the sabzi for a different taste.
- Once the tomatoes are well cooked and mushy, garnish the subzi with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with chapatis, phulkas or roti.
If you liked this recipe, do SHARE it with family and friends. Also let us know your feedback in the comments section. For receiving notifications whenever we post a new recipe, click the bell icon.
WATCH ONION TOMATO SABZI/ PYAAZ TAMATAR KI SABZI RECIPE VIDEO HERE:
For more recipe videos SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel Happily Veg and click the bell icon to receive notifications whenever we upload a new video.
Thank you for your time.