Easy Vada Pav Chutney
Vada Pav is the favourite street food of Mumbai. Pav (Bun) is slit into half and stuffed with Batata vada and chutney to make Vada Pav. It is accompanied with fried salted green chillies. I just love to have Vada Pav with Masala Chai 🙂
This Vada Pav chuney is the one which is served with Vada Pav on the streets of Mumbai. I am amazed at the creativity in making this chuney in the sense that it is the best example of best out of waste. Don’t get me wrong, I mean the main ingredient in this chutney is the extra batter that floats around while frying the Batata vadas. So instead of throwing these small pieces of fried batter away, a delicious chuney is made out of them by adding just a few other ingredients.
- ¾ cup fried batata vada batter
- 3-4 cloves of garlic/ lehsun
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp salt or as per taste
Step by step instructions to prepare Mumbai’s special Vada Pav Chutney:
- While frying the batata vadas, you will notice extra batter floating in the oil. Take it out once it gets fried. Note: If you feel that there is not enough fried batter for making the chutney, fry some more batter.
- Add peeled garlic cloves, red chilli powder and salt.
- Coarsely grind this mixture in a mixer grinder to make the chutney. Vada Pav Chutney is ready to serve.
Sometimes the dry coconut-garlic chutney is served with Batata Vadas but I think this chutney tastes better with Batata Vadas/ Vada Pav, Try it!
WATCH VIDEO FOR VADA PAV CHUTNEY RECIPE HERE: