Easy Poori Recipe, Make Puffed Puri at home
Poori or Puri is a puffed unleavened Indian bread which is prepared during special occasions. It can be served with a variety of sweet and spicy preparations like Aloo ki Sabji, Chhole, Aamras, Shrikhand etc. Generally the pooris tend to puff up if made in the correct manner but the puffiness goes away within a few minutes. So in this Poori recipe I am going to share a special tip given by my mother-in-law to keep the pooris puffed up for longer.
If you are looking for other Indian bread recipes do check out
- 2 cups wheat flour/ gehu ka atta
- 1 cup water/ paani (use as required)
- 1/2 tsp sugar/ cheeni
- 1/4 tsp salt/ namak or as required
- 3 tsp oil/ tel for the dough & for rolling the puris
- Oil/ Tel for deep frying the puris
How to make Poori?
- Add salt to the flour and mix.
- Now add around 2 tsp oil and mix well so that the oil gets evenly applied to all the flour. Tip: Adding oil to the flour makes the pooris crispy.
- Special Tip: Add 1/2 tsp sugar to 1 cup of water and dissolve it completely. This water when used for kneading the poori dough helps keep the pooris puffed up for longer.
- Add water in parts and knead a dough firmer than the chapati dough. I required 3/4 cup water to knead the dough.
- Now add a few drops of oil to the dough and knead some more.
- Cover and let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, apply a few more drops of oil and knead the dough some more. The dough for pooris is ready!
- Make small dough balls and roll the poori slightly thick. Tip: Rolling the poori slightly thick helps it to puff up while frying.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and keep the heat on medium.
- Drop a tiny dough ball to check if the oil is hot enough to fry the pooris. If it pops up immediately the oil is hot enough.
- Gently drop a poori into the hot oil and pour oil on it from the sides as shown in the video. Flip the poori and repeat. This will help the poori puff up. Fry till the poori turns golden brown on both the sides and take it off after draining the excess oil.
- Roll and fry the other pooris in the same manner.
Serve the pooris hot 🙂
If you liked this poori recipe, do share it with family and friends.
WATCH THE POORI RECIPE HERE:
Do SUBSCRIBE to HAPPILY VEG for more watching more recipe videos and don’t forget to click the bell icon to receive notification every time we upload a new video.
Thank you for your time 🙂